What have we learned?
1) The server MUST contact the birdie lower/below the waist.
2) The server MUST serve from behind the service line.
3) You should step/lead with your non dominant (opposite) foot when serving.
3) The serve MUST cross the service line on the other side of the net.
4) The birdie MUST land in the service court diagonally across from the person serving.
5) A serve touching the net is a FAULT.
6) The FIRST serve of the game is made from the RIGHT service court.
7) Only the serving team may score a point.
FOREHAND AND BACKHAND SHOTS:
1) CLEAR: A high, deep shot aimed to the back of the court. (overhand or underhand)
2) DRIVE: A hard hit shot the crosses over the net and remains parallel to the floor.
3) SMASH: A hard downward hit from overhead. It is considered an attacking shot.
4) DROP SHOT: A shot which just clears the net before dropping quickly into the opponent's court. Short shot.
1) A birdie that lands on the line is considered "in bounds".
2) A player may NOT contact the net with their racket or body. This would be considered a fault.
3) A player may NOT make contact with the birdie on their opponent's side of the net/court.
King's Court Tournament will be held Thursday and Friday. You will be showcasing your new and improved badminton skills:)